Senior Mechanical Engineer - Package Responsible Engineer
Engineering Consultants Norway er en totalleverandør av ingeniør- og prosjektadministrative konsulenttjenester til olje & gass, energi, bygg & anleggs industrien i Norge.
Vi bemanner ingeniør- og prosjektadministrative oppdrag til våre kunder nasjonalt og internasjonalt, og våre konsulenter har både variert og spesialisert kompetanse og erfaringsbakgrunn.
Våre kunder er oljeselskap, teknologi og oljeserviceselskaper, rådgivende ingeniører, bygg-, anlegg- og industrivirksomheter.
Vi ønsker å være våre kunders foretrukne samarbeidspartner ved at vi tilbyr kompetente, tilgjengelige og kvalitetssikrede kandidater som gjennom sin kompetanse bidrar til merverdi for våre kunder.
Vi kan tilby våre konsulenter både utviklende og spennende oppdrag hos Norges mest attraktive kunder til konkurransedyktige betingelser og stabilitet i oppdragsmengde slik at vi oppnår et langvarig samarbeid.
For one of our clients we are searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer - Package Responsible Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Package Responsible Engineer tasks includes, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of engineering deliverables within the given estimated hours in all phases of a project.
- Ensure coordinated design, including interface with other internal disciplines, to ensure complete engineering deliverables.
- Co-operation with Supply Management for Package Engineering, including quality surveillance /supplier follow-up and mechanical completion activities.
- Engineering decisions shall not be taken outside their mandate as given by Superior.
- Conduct technical Pre-Order Activities such as technical clarification meetings prior to PO award and clarifications. Participate and prepare input to the technical part of Bid Clarification meetings with suppliers.
- Define the package document scope and schedule in the SDL
- Provide technical input to PQM for supplier’s ITP
- Participate in kick off meetings and Pre-Inspection Meetings
- Participate in package specific tests and inspections as agreed with PQM.
- Review/comment and approve package supplier documents as required per the SDL. Gathering other disciplines’ inputs and make them part of the review.
- Proactively work with document control to ensure documentation is timely issued and distributed.
- Notify Project Engineering Manager of any potential changes or deviations to the package scope.
- Participate in evaluation and technical close-out of PO’s in co-operation with PRB.
- Execute work in accordance with project execution model.
- Have sound understanding of Client Contract, with technical requirements and specifications for the assigned procurement packages in specific, and highlight any ambiguities, unfeasible, or otherwise unclear information.
- Raise Technical Query and Technical Deviations to client when required by the project,
- Provide technical input to procurement and Quality Management as required in commercial and quality matters, such as VOR’s and NCR’s in liaison with PRB and PQM.
- Ensure that procurement package interfaces are well defined and communicated according to project requirements.
- Prepare necessary technical input to project reporting in accordance with project routines for Progress, schedule, risk and opportunity input.
- Provide input to expediting plan to PRB
- Participate in or manage vendor progress meetings.
- Provide technical input and support to the supplier Mechanical Completion (for assigned procurement packages in liaison with PRB and PQM, and in accordance with requirements.
- Responsible for closing of punch items for assigned procurement packages - in liaison with PRB and PQM.
- Responsible of the release of the assigned procurement packages.
- Responsible for capturing and sharing relevant lessons learned items.
- Ensure that relevant working methods are followed
- Perform tasks in such a way as to reduce environment and health risks
- Ensure tasks performed are to a high quality, be involved and suggest improvements where they may be needed
- Participate in the evaluation of working methods and conditions and thereby minimize the risk for workplace and environmental incidents and thereby minimize the risk for quality issues
- Ensure processes are performed in compliance with internal and external requirements, defined and documented, continually measured, evaluated, improved and secured
The Engineer shall on own initiative:
- Report to the Team Manager any deviations and improvement areas within the execution model and working methods as applicable for the Engineering discipline.
- Report any non-compliance with HSEQ requirements to the Team Manager.
- Report and communicate according to Project stipulated routines.
- Ensure Team Manager is informed about absence and leaves.
- Provide technical documentation according to project requirements, such as Technical Requisition, Specification and Datasheet for Inquiry and Purchase Order.
- Provide technical input to Procurement Strategy.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience as package responsible engineer.
- Graduated in Mechanical Engineering and Design, or similar
- Engineering experience in oil and gas-, chemical process- or power generation industry.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Reliable, steady, with high integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, takes initiative to perform according to expectations
- Enjoys working in teams
- Analytic and accurate
- Structured, organized
- Strong technical understanding and experience with engineering and project execution methods
- General understanding of supply chain methods
- Quality- and detail- focused
- Ability to identify potential issues/problems and apply effective solutions as required
- A plus: Experience with CNOOC, BP, TECHNIP, SHELL projects & specifications
CV must reflect required qualifications specified.
Start date: 01.03.2019
End date: 30.08.2019
Place of work: Fornebu
Please note that all applications for positions must include:
Two references with contact information
Information about availability
Please contact us if you are interested in this assignment and have the required qualifications.